[FQP] W6YX FQP

Dean Wood n6de at comcast.net
Fri Apr 29 19:29:58 PDT 2005

                     Florida QSO Party

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): K6OWL N7MH W6LD N6DE
Station: W6YX

Class: SchoolMixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

    40:   32      1
    20:  205     60
    15:   34     62
    10:
--------------------
Total: 271    123  CW Mults = 66  Ph Mults = 46  Total Score = 74,480

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

With the declining solar conditions, and the unavoidable large 20m
pileups on mobile stations, I decided this was the year for us to start
running high power in FQP, and forget about the 2x LP multiplier.  It
turned out to be a good choice to reduce our frustration, albeit at the
expense of a lower score than previous years.

Special thanks to NF4A, who deserves some sort of mobile award.  He was
always willing to QSY to 15m in most counties, and then to SSB for the
mult.  We even tried 10m a couple of times, but were unsuccessful at
making a QSO there.  All the QSYs to 15m probably didn't help his
overall QSO total much, but they certainly kept those of us on the west
coast interested in the contest.  15m was solidly open for most of the
contest from W6.

The mobiles in FQP really carry a heavy load to activate the 67
counties.  Some of the 20m mobile pileups on Sunday were unbelievable.

See you in the California QSO Party on October 1-2!

73...
-Dean - N6DE