[FQP]Re: [WriteLog] FQP Module

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Thu May 6 14:09:09 CDT 2004

In a message dated 5/6/2004 12:49:40 PM Eastern Standard Time, wd4ahz at gte.net
writes:
That came about while we were discussing adding RTTY to the FQP.  Some
over-enthusiastic Writelog users jumped the gun, and had him add the
RTTY option ... even before any final decision was made ... and now it's
stuck in there for no reason.
The RTTY check box on the mult window isn't really a problem because it does
not affect the functionality of the module. However, the CTY selection window
that pops up unexpectedly is a problem because, if it happens, you have to
grab for the mouse to make it go away.  It really breaks your rythm.

The other thing that isn't right is how mults are counted. If you change
counties in the same log file, mults are counted by county and not by all QSOs in
that log.  Fixing this would allow mobiles to use one log for all counties.
Of course, the mobiles would then have to segregate the Cabrillo file into
separate Cab's for each county as you and I discussed before the contest.  Bottom
line, however, for the mobiles, would be much more efficient log handling
during the contest.

Geo...

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450