[FCG] Re: [FQP]FQP Mobiles

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Mon May 3 11:20:33 CDT 2004

Bob Patten wrote:

> Wonder if you have seen any of the polls on the internet about drivers.
> I've seen several, all of which point out that Florida has the
 > worst/rudest drivers in the country - with SFL being the worst
 > of the worst.

And don't forget ... MANY of them come from other parts of the country,
so they bring their crappy driving habits with them.

> I would still like to see it as a requirement in the rules for the
 > FQP with it's adherence included in the signed declaration at
 > the bottom.

How do you make a rule telling someone to use common sense?  That should
be a given!

What we DON'T want is the FQP turning into a "Road Rally" and the winner
is the one who can run through the most counties.  If "winning" means
that much, then someone has lost focus of the whole FQP idea.

We did 23 counties ... stopping in several, making sure we put in our
scheduled time in each one.  We could have done more ... but why?  The
idea is to go out, make a few QSO's, have some fun, don't care about
"winning", and don't kill us or anyone else on the road!  We easily
accomplished all of the above.

Ron