[FQP]NEQP....Was it me or.....?

Dean Wood n6de at inreach.com
Sun May 2 21:32:09 CDT 2004

>Did anyone else notice this?
>This also brings up a point from last weekend also. A friend of mine that
>worked the FQP out of state said that it was confusing that some of our fixed
>stations were signing /county. He said he kept expecting them to move and they
>never did.  Guess it can be an issue both ways.

Yeah, we noticed this.  The fixed stations that did this tended to have
a callsign outside of 4-land.  I think the idea was for them to try to
indicate that they were in FL for the contest, despite the number in
their callsign.  This became a problem when they sometimes signed /CTY
and sometimes not, causing us to accidentally contact them later for
what turned out to be a dupe on that band-mode.

73...
-Dean - N6DE