[FQP]K4OJ Memorial

Jeffrey D Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 12 21:29:58 CST 2004

Hello All...

After hearing about Jim White's death today and reading the different posts on cq-contest it is apparent that he touched many contesters life in a positive way.
It was always fun to read his comments on the contest reflector on various subjects. Tonight , I was thinking of some way we could remember Jim and the first
thing that came to mind was the FQP. Jim's enthusiasm for the FQP was legendary. Who can ever forget his "### Days until FQP" messages on the contest
reflector. I also know is the last few years he had caught the "rovering bug" that has affected other contesters like K8MR, W5WMU, K8CC, VE7FO, K5KG and countless others... We also all know Jim as a CW afficionado.

 I think it is approriate to honor K4OJ with one or several memorial trophies in the Florida QSO Party. Here are some ideas I thought of but I'm sure someone could come up with even better ones :

    First non-Fla station to work all Florida counties on CW.

    Most CW rover contacts made - Non Fla stations.

    Most CW contacts by a FLA rover station

    See The FQP webpage at http://www.floridaqsoparty.org/plaque.html to see what is already sponsored. A plaque costs $35 to sponsor.  Maybe we could take some
    donations and have the plaque sponored by "The Friends of K4OJ "

                                               73, Jeff