[FQP]Mobile Window

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Apr 26 23:06:44 CDT 2004

In a message dated 4/26/2004 9:05:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, wd4ahz at gte.net
writes:
what are folks' impression of the "Mobile Window"?  Did it seem to help?
  I know when looking for a run frequency, several "pileups" were heard
in the "window"!

It seemed as though the mobile windows were working as they should.  On CW,
we did not encounter any frequency contention with any FL fixed stations that
we could descern, so perhaps the windows were working!

We stayed below 035 on CW and 7260 and 14260 on SSB.  On CW, we pretty much
hung out on 031.5 on Saturday and 032.5 on Sunday.  We did not notice any
contention with FL stations except on Sunday, when it seemed as though we were
conflicting with other FL mobile(s) some of the time.  We didn't know who the
other mobiles were.

On SSB, we did have some problems with Sunday pig farmers up around 14255
+/-complaining that we were climbing into their pens.

73, Geo...

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax