[FQP]Re: [CQ-Contest] FQP - 3 days and counting

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 09:28:56 CDT 2004

In a message dated 4/21/2004 12:14:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, N6HC writes:
Thank you for the snappy FQP certificate from last years contest.  It was an
unexpected surprise.
I will miss the FQP this year as I will be in Visalia at the DX convention.
I hope the contest participation is the best ever in honor of 'OJ'.
Have a great weekend.
Best regards,
Arnie N6HC

Arnie,

Tnx for your note.  Glad you liked the certificate.

I tried talking Kenny, K2KW, into setting up a work-FQP station at Visalia
for walk-ups to make memorial FQP OJ QSO's.  Jimmy would be delighted.  Any
chance you guys could pull that off. I am sure any old transceiver and a 20m
dipole would do the trick.  How about it, Tom, K5RC?  Kenny, K2KW?  That's no step
for steppers!

This comes to mind, because one time I was operating as DX from somewhere,
and a bunch of guys worked me from a Visalia walk-up station.

OJ & 73, Geo...

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450
941-312-9460 fax