[FQP]Re: [FCG] FQP Mobile Frequency Dilemma - revised

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Wed Apr 7 15:53:23 CDT 2004

In a message dated 4/7/2004 2:21:09 PM Eastern Standard Time, wd4ahz at gte.net
writes:
Suggested Frequencies:

CW - plus or minus 35 khz up.  A mobile only "window" exists up to 10
kHz below the suggested frequency.  Florida "home" stations should stay
clear of this mobile "window".

Phone - plus or minus 7.260, 14.260, 21.335, and 28.485 MHz.  A mobile
only "window" exists up to 20 kHz below the suggested frequency.
Florida "home" stations should stay clear of this mobile "window".

Does this work better?  Is that enough "room" (or too much?) to
accommodate the mobile activity?  If there is a little "mixing" below,
then so be it.

Again, it's not a "rule" change ... just an experiment.  If it works
out, and gives folks a better shot at working the mobiles, then we'll
put it in next year.  If it doesn't work, then we'll try something else.

Ron

I like this suggestion. It has my vote.

73, Geo...K5KG -------- K4KG/m in the FQP

George Wagner, K5KG