[FQP]FQP Mobile Frequency Dilemma

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Wed Apr 7 12:50:37 CDT 2004

ku8e at bellsouth.net wrote:

>  I have always had pretty good luck hanging out about .050 above the
 > bottom of each of the CW bands. It seems a fixed station always
 > grabs the suggested frequencies any way.

Exactly ... it's like all other contests ... you find a spot, it's
yours.  This usually works fine with "home" stations, but it's tough for
a mobile to hold his own.  The out of state guys are mainly the ones who
asked for a kind of "mobile window" so the weaker mobile signals aren't
being clobbered by the home stations.

Of course, we don't know what it sounds like from the "other side", but
if some are saying there's a problem ... then we'd like to fix it to
make it better.  If this helps, then we can give it a try.  Of course,
being only a "suggestion", so no one is forced to follow it.

Ron