[FQP]FQP Update

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Thu Oct 30 10:42:02 CST 2003

I have completed updating the rules for 2004.  There are several
changes, which include changes to the Single Operator mobile categories,
and dropping of the Novice/Technician category, as discussed before.

To facilitate electronic log checking, the exchange for DX stations has
changed.  DX stations will now send DXCC prefix instead of just DX.  Be
sure to log this correctly (most logging program already do this by
default).  The 2003 logs are being modified to allow proper checking and
scoring.

Other changes for 2004 include a new e-mail address for submitting logs
and a web form for entering QSO information from paper logs (tnx Bruce,
WA7BNM).  This form will then generate and submit a proper electronic
Cabrillo file for log checking.

As far as log checking, Bruce, WA7BNM, is working on the log checking
program.  I recently sent him several logs for testing purposes.

Several additional items are on the drawing board or expected to be
implemented by FQP 2004.

73, Ron  WD4AHZ