[FQP]Mobile stations

Tom Horton k5iid at ntelos.net
Thu May 1 02:21:02 CDT 2003

OJ and all,

  Next year ask before the FQP to make a note of the mobile"s signal strength.
Maybe we can take more care and give a better report.

  It seems that K4s FCG and FQP were always about the same strength.
KN4Y was always quite readable and one of the few mobile Q's on 40.
KU8E  was never heard on Saturday, I don't think. W4SAA seemed to be
easy to spot with the chirp, and actually was one of the strongest.
  Hey Charlie, sorry but you were about the weakest along with W5WMU.
That's about all I can contribute on that.

I would really like to know what each was using for an antenna and how
it was mounted.

The following is a breakdown of mobile vs QSOs
N4TO...20
K4FQP...19
K4FCG...17
KU8E...16