[Cwo] CW Open Rules

D Faklis dfaklis at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 14:37:18 PST 2014

 All,
A couple of questions:
1.  The current rules state the following:
"Minimum of 100 QSOs (after log checking) is required to win an award."
Should we require more Q's (say 200 or 300) to win a high combined score trophy?  Not a concern in Region 2, but it plays a role in Regions 1 and 3 until we get more participation from those regions.
2.  Should we consider a multi-op category for 2015 and beyond?  Multi Multi does not seem appropriate, but Multi Single or M/2 might be fun.  What are your thoughts?  Pitfalls?  Advantages?
The 2014 CWO report is nearing completion, thanks to Alan's AD6E great work.  It will be posted on our website and will appear in DEC Solid Copy
Sneak Peek:  95K Q's in 2013, 55K Q's in 2014;  847 logs in 2013, 495 in 2014....only a handful from outside US this year in big contrast to last year.
2015 CWO is September 5