[Cwo] CW Open Promotion

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Fri Feb 28 10:04:04 PST 2014

> 5.  Let's discuss mechanisms for reaching out to the general ham population
> 6.  Let's discuss details on how we can tie into ARRL Centennial
> 7.  Reach out to our members and help them write articles for their club's
> newsletters.

5. and 7. are of the same cloth. I suggest that we prepare a talking paper
or slides for members to present at club meetings and/or spread the word on
club reflectors. The idea is to get CWops members talking to their club
members--we just need to give them some help.

6. Part of our publicity could emphasize that CWO is a great way to
accumulate Centennial QSO Party points real quick. Maybe total up
Centennial points
https://centennial-qp.arrl.org/call-sign-point-check.phpfor top-fifty
finishers last year. Then advertize something like, work half
of these guys on two bands in three sessions and you earn xxx easy
Centennial points. Among other places, perhaps on the News and Notes
section of LoTW home page.

73,

Hank, W6SX