[Cwo] 2014 CWO Awards

Marshall "Matt" Thomas, WX5S mmthoma at attglobal.net
Tue Feb 18 16:38:57 PST 2014

Hi Dean,

I figure that I don't get an official vote on this.

I will plan on helping CWO with log-check software
as part of my effort with CQP.  CQP has my top
priority, but I will think about you folks also!
>From a technical standpoint, I see no problem with
calculating the reports required for the "winners". No issue.

I would question/ask the rationale for a trophy
vs a plaque? The trophies are more expensive
than the plaques and as a practical matter, the
display of trophies vs plaques can be problematic.

I've never seen a ham radio trophy.
Maybe you folks want it because it is unusual?

I have seen a number of very prestigious plaques,
like "CQ Hall of Fame".  Some of the stations that
I operate, have enough plaques to burn them as firewood!

The "special ones" go up on the wall in very prominent places.
I don't know where the trophies would go in terms of display.

I suspect that many folks would prefer a plaque with
a distinctive logo/design vs a trophy. Something eye
catching that makes it special.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure that a trophy is
preferred by the top stations or not? I would ask
some of these guys for their opinion.  What would
they prefer?

73, Matt WX5S

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM, John Miller <webaron at gmail.com> wrote:

    Thumbs Up.

    73,
    John, K6MM

    On Feb 18, 2014, at 1:07 PM, D Faklis wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > I have not received any votes or mods regarding the awards proposal.
Please vote and thanks!