[Cwo] 2014 CW Open

k6rb at baymoon.com k6rb at baymoon.com
Mon Sep 16 17:56:09 PDT 2013

Dean,
You are the new CW Open
manager. Yes, we are all providing you with inputs...but I don't want
decisions to be made by committee. In the end, take in what everyone has
to say, and you make the final decision about date and session times. The
same for any changes in the awards structure (which we can deal with
later).
Rob K6RB
PS: Alan (AD6E) is back
and says you can start feeding him the CWO logs, if you haven't already
done so.

You are the new CW Open
manager. The final decision as to date/time is yo

Thanks for the
excellent discussions.

My 2 cents: I
agree with Hank below and I'd make the same comment re: the NA Sprint.

This year we had a
direct conflict with CO QP.

Based on the
calendar review I sent around this morning, N3JT's review last week, and
avoidance of YODX, I view 23 AUG 14 as the best compromise. OH, HI, are
definite conflicts. KS might be a conflict, and W0BH would know. Tokyo Ham
Fair is a definite conflict and the only international conflict I can see.
I think that the Tokyo Ham Fair conflict is unfortunate and
significant.

However, given our
current demographics, I think that these conflicts are secondary in
relation to the NA Sprint. Please recall that I sent an analysis last week
that showed 47% of 2013 CWO logs were from folks that sent in logs for NA
Sprint. I can't be sure, but many of those folks may choose to sit out the
CW Open if the times are close. Just some thoughts.

I have not studied 20
SEP 14 in detail, so I cannot comment on that date.

73, Dean,
NW2K