[Cwo] Awards

k6rb at baymoon.com k6rb at baymoon.com
Tue Sep 3 19:39:35 PDT 2013

I'm thinking lets award trophies to:

Region 1 high-score each session
Region 2 high-score each session
Region 3 high-score each session

World - highest aggregate score

That's 10 trophies at about $85 each ($850).

Let's award plaques to:

Region 1 highest session score for HP, LP and QRP
Region 2 highest session score for HP, LP and QRP
Region 3 highest session score for HP, LP and QRP

That's 9 plaques at about $35 each ($315).

So, we're talking $1,200 without mailing costs.

For that we would endeavor to give ICOM a lot of publicity.

Just thinking out loud. This would certainly enhance the
international aspect of CW Open.

Rob K6RB

So long as Icom keeps sponsoring CWO, the cost of plaques and
trophies are both zero... including mailing cost.

I'm not sure anyone can beat AA3B even if he were LP.
;-)

Let's face it, HP is more fun.   (smirk)   I'm not
real hot on the idea for trophies for LP/QRP, although it doesn't
hurt.  I do think that regional trophies/plaques would be very
positive in terms of internationalizing CWO. Of course, that would have a
significant effect on Icoms' cost. It should be discussed with Icom.

73, Alan  AD6E

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Peter Chamalian