[Cwo] Initial Impressions after the first two sessions

Peter Chamalian W1RM w1rm at comcast.net
Sun Sep 1 04:56:01 PDT 2013

Well I think this was a huge event in spite of the less than ideal conditions.  I was really amazed at the turnout from UA and Eu, especially in the last session.  I even had a VK call me on 20 LP!  No JA's at all but as Alan said it depends on where you are.  Even so, if conditions had been better I should have had at least a few on 15 in the last session.  No matter, I'm pleased with my results but it's probably the last time I'll do a full effort.  I could feel myself getting a bit tense.  I didn't take my BP but I'll bet it was up.

The other thing that impressed me was no one who called had to be prompted for a number or their name which indicated they got it in terms of the rules.  Bravo to everyone who put the big push on!

Pete, W1RM