[Cwo] CW OPEN this Aug 31

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Thu Jun 27 10:32:28 PDT 2013

The new date for CWO has been posted on the CWO web page for a while now.
Rob finally got Bruce, WA7BNM to get the date listed on his calendar.
Rob is about to start a publicity campaign to get the whole world notified
and enthused.

Two things:

1)  I've asked Rob to find someone else to manage the CWO.  Since my
retirement last year, I'm just too busy now. Long story. I will remain part
of this group, and I expect to do the log checking this year if an
alternative method is not available. That leads to ..

2)  The CWO log checking and tabulation of results is based on a bunch of
DOS programs I wrote many years ago for CQP. It works, but it doesn't allow
for collaboration or help. It's also quite basic. It checks only for errors
in call and exchange data. I think it's pretty good, but it is limited in
what it can do.  Results are then manually put into an Excel spreadsheet,
and the results flow from that sorting.  A year or two ago, I asked if
anyone here would be interested in coming up with a more modern DB
solution.  There were some positive replies, but since time was short and I
had the DOS stuff working, I never picked that up to move it forward.  So,
again .. I'm asking if anyone wants to take this on and come up with some
CWO log checking software.  I'm available for consulting, but my only
programming knowledge is QuickBasic.

Tks for your support, & 73,  Alan  AD6E