[Cwo] Initial Impressions after the first two sessions

Peter Chamalian W1RM w1rm at comcast.net
Sat Aug 31 11:59:48 PDT 2013

I'm blown away by the participation coming from Europe and Russia judging by
some of the numbers I received in the 12z session.  Even in the 00z session
there were a bunch of EU folks playing and that's fantastic considering the
time over there.

I have yet to work or even hear a single JA.  I know BA4TB was on in the 00z
session but very frustrated by the bad conditions.  He told me he only
worked 3 participants.  I saw him spotted but no signal at all.

JT1CD was active in both sessions.  I heard him in the 12z session but he
couldn't hear me.

Let's hope conditions improve for the last go round.

As I posted on CWops, a saw a bunch of calls being misread by RBN which I
figured out was a result of insufficient spacing in the CQ message between
CWO and the call so CQ CWO K6RB got spotted (only a bazillion times) as
OK6RB.  Ditto on a number of others.  This would suggest Dean has a special
job to keep an eye out for those busted entries in logs.

Pete, W1RM