[Cwo] Need help discovering bad call signs

Peter Chamalian w1rm at arrl.net
Wed Sep 12 03:34:51 PDT 2012

I've added some comments on the sheet.

Pete, W1RM

From: Alan Maenchen [mailto:ad6e at arrl.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:17 PM
To: cwo at kkn.net
Subject: [Cwo] Need help discovering bad call signs

CWO helpers:

See this list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoAq36vF7YvbdHJNXzVFRTNvZ3dmcU9
oMmdCeXo4Z3c

This is a list of ALL call signs found in ALL the CWO logs received so far
(minus the funky ones).
Given that I have MOST logs at this point, we can use this list for two
purposes:

1)  Go after the missing logs.  I'll take care of that myself although if
someone wants to help let me know. I'll start that tomorrow.
The basic idea is to contact those with more hits  (>50?) but whose log we
still don't have.  Simply tell them we want that log(s) asap and remind them
that the deadline is the 20th. Offer to let them email what they have even
if it's not perfect.

2)  Start staring at the list and let me know what calls to remove as busted
calls. I've already removed about 40-50 of the more obvious ones.  Probably
would have been better to have left them in so you could see.  If you spot a
bad call, enter YOUR call in the BUST column. Then I'll know who you are,
and we might have a (short) talk about why you think it's busted... but
probably not.  If you want to suck down the spreadsheet so you can do some
sorting on your own, please go for it. Just leave the existing spreadsheet
so the rest of us can use it too.  Anyone with the above link can edit the
list, so please keep this confidential.  I'll be checking the list daily for
a while.

In the end, once that list is finalized to the point where we THINK most bad
calls are identified (and removed from my list), then log checking can
start. Anyone with a copied call matching a call on this list but that we
don't have a matching log for, will get an automatic bye.  If the copied
call is not on this list, then they could be dinged for copying a bad call
(not automatic). My software simply finds these buggers and points me to
them.  I will then attempt to identify the CORRECT call sign using some
software that I've come up with. Fun stuff, but rather involved.

Thanks & 73, Alan  AD6E