[Cwo] preliminary report for CWO 2012

Art KZ5D kz5d at aol.com
Fri Sep 7 05:32:04 PDT 2012

Guys,

This NAME problem needs to be corrected in the software of the program. For example, N1MM provides the "NAME" in CWO setup so an operator has to actually manually fill this in. But in many other contests, N1MM auto fills with correct info for the exchange. I think if you ask one of the developers who wrote the module, we could solve that once and for all.But while asking, suggest they also fix it for CWT where the same problem occurs.

Also, are any of you members of FISTS? They mailed out a postcard announcing a weekend event in mid September. I once again encourage us to use a mail piece. I know it cost money, but remember many of the active hams today are not necessarily glued to the internet since they (like me) are from a different generation. I think the direct mail piece to ALL club members would be worth while. That's my 2 cents worth.

All in all, in my opinion with only the first session, we had a much better showing. Congrats to all of you for a great job!

73,

Art KZ5D