[Cwo] CWO kickoff - 2012 version

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Thu Jun 21 10:57:30 PDT 2012

K6RB has been busy collecting active call signs from recent logs.  He has
already sent out >200 emails to some of these guys announcing 2012 CWO
event Sept 1-2.  More needs to be done.  Rob has his announcement
translated into Japanese and Chinese to boot as special email blasts aimed
at those areas.

We could use some help looking up email addresses.  We've been using
QRZ.com which works reasonably well.  I can copy a call from the list
(Google Doc), paste it into QRZ and get the address .. copy-n-paste back
into the spreadsheet.  So far, my rate is pretty good with about three per
minute. :-)

The document is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoAq36vF7YvbdDFvWDdnVklXVElteUxrQ0ZmNXZ4dWc#gid=0

Anyone can edit this document. In fact, several people can work on it at
the same time. I suggest find a random area with missing email addresses
and start down the list as your time permits. All entries are saved
automatically.

Some notes:
  Column D is for Rob to indicate which calls have already been emailed
out.
  If QRZ fails to produce an email address, make a note of that in column C
such as "QRZ failed"
  Not necessary, but I'm adding additional info in column C to indicate the
true owner call or "club".  In several cases I found a club or "contest
call" without an email address. However, by opening the "Detail" tab in
QRZ, I could see the true home call .. and that produced an email address.

If you do not want to stay on this reflector (CWO at kkn.net) then please let
me know and I'll remove you.  Your help is much appreciated.

73, Alan  AD6E