[Cwo] [cwops] Re: CW Open 2012 and beyond...

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Sat Oct 29 20:17:11 PDT 2011

Hank,

Actually, it could have been done.  RDA exchange is serial number and
district, CWO exchange is serial number and name.  The russian gives me his
district and his name.  I give him my name and my district (DX). He copies
my district because that's all he cares about. I copy his name because I
don't care what his district is.   What could be simpler?  The problem is
that the Russians were not ready to do that and for the most part refused
to think that broadly. Same story with the JAs where I was told "Keyman
only" several times.

Thus, a lose-lose instead of win-win.

It's notable that CQP co-exists with the VK/ZL (Oceania) test because they
are now used to the overlap and routinely exchange points with each other.
It works there so why not elsewhere too?

Oh well ...

73, Alan  AD6E