[Cwo] CWops Open

Hank Garretson w6sx at arrl.net
Wed Nov 9 09:20:26 PST 2011

I may have mentioned this before. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my
mind the most.

There was a lot of confusion and problems with some N1MM users during CWO.
Before the contest, during the contest, and particularly after the contest
in both log-submittal and log-checking arenas.

A lot of the problems were an inadvertent consequence of how N1MM labeled
the contests in the N1MM Select Contest Type menu.

CWOPS for CWT

CWOPSOPEN for CWO

Hams who selected CWOPS caused problems for themselves, the guys they
worked, and particularly our log checker.

I think it would be helpful if N1MM changed CWOPS to CWOPSTEST.

I suggest someone in a position of authority make this request to N1MM.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California

Elevation 8083 feet in John Muir's Range of Light