[Cwo] Revised test plan

Peter Chamalian w1rm at arrl.net
Tue May 31 07:34:31 PDT 2011

Based on some input from K3CT, I've revised the test plan I offered the
other day.  The only item I have not tested is the SO2R numbering so someone
who does SO2R, please test that in particular.

Test

Description

Pass/Fail

Contest Info

If the program has the function to view the contest rules, be sure it points
to the correct web page

Power Level

Does the program allow the selection of the appropriate power level?

Power Level

Does the program limit  the selection to High, Low and QRP?

Operator Category

Does the program allow the selection of the appropriate category?

Operator Category

Does the program limit the selection to only Single Operator?

Mode

Coes the program allow the selection of the appropriate mode?

Mode

Coes the program limit the selection to cw?

Bands

Does the program only allow selection of the HF bands excluding the WARC
bands?

Exchange

Does the program allow for the entry of the user's exchange that will be
sent?

Number

Does the program provide sequential numbers to be sent as part of the
exchange?

Log Entry

Does the program allow the entry of the call, number received and the name
received?

Scoring

Does the program compute the score correctly?

Dupes

If the program makes a distinction between run mode and S&P mode, Does the
program allow for the entry of duplicate contacts when in the run mode?

Cabrillo File

Does the program allow for creation of a Cabrillo file in the appropriate
format?

Cabrillo File

Does the log checking software accept and properly handle the Cabrillo file
from this program?

Call History

Call History operation (Name population)

Name

Name populated from a previous QSO for a non-call history call

Cut Numbers

TX and RX cut number operation

Required Fields

Necessary fields available in the Log window

Edit QSO

Quick and Full edit operation

ADIF Output

ADIF output (necessary fields exported)