[Cwo] [cwops] CW Open - Code tester - N1MM Logger

Peter Chamalian w1rm at arrl.net
Sun May 29 13:32:42 PDT 2011

Alan,

Here is a quick test plan that I've put together.  Please offer
additions/suggestions/changes:

Test

Description

Pass/Fail

Contest Info

If the program has the function to view the contest rules, be sure it points
to the correct web page

Power Level

Does the program allow the selection of the appropriate power level?

Power Level

Does the program limit  the selection to High, Low and QRP?

Operator Category

Does the program allow the selection of the appropriate category?

Operator Category

Does the program limit the selection to only Single Operator?

Mode

Coes the program allow the selection of the appropriate mode?

Mode

Coes the program limit the selection to cw?

Bands

Does the program only allow selection of the HF bands excluding the WARC
bands?

Exchange

Does the program allow for the entry of the user's exchange that will be
sent?

Number

Does the program provide sequential numbers to be sent as part of the
exchange?

Log Entry

Does the program allow the entry of the call, number received and the name
received?

Scoring

Does the program compute the score correctly?

Dupes

If the program makes a distinction between run mode and S&P mode, Does the
program allow for the entry of duplicate contacts when in the run mode?

Cabrillo File

Does the program allow for creation of a Cabrillo file in the appropriate
format?

Cabrillo File

Does the log checking software accept and properly handle the Cabrillo file
from this program?

One thing that N1MM does NOT limit is the choices for Power Level, Operator
Category, Mode or band selection.  The message clearly says it's the
operator's responsibility to check the rules and make the correct choices.
This means the log intake engine will have to check those values and bounce
error messages back if they are incorrect.

>From my experience with N1MM (which dates back to at least version 2), you
can enter contacts outside the contest time period.  Our software will have
to handle that.

I've run a few tests with N1MM CW Open module and found a few items that I'm
working on with John.

Pete, W1RM