[Cwo] Team registration set up---DOH!!!!

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Sat May 14 09:49:45 PDT 2011

Thanks Don!  This looks great.  And thanks to John for the additional links
and cleanup!  I'm one happy camper. :-)

As to who needs the list?  Good question.
I suppose I need to see it, and at least one backup person (volunteer?).  I
don't think the whole list needs to be bothered with it. I suspect there
will be zero use for it until Aug 29 and then a flood. Same with log
submissions, but that will be a much bigger flood.

I'm happy to check this off the "to do" list.  :-)

Don,  before you get too far into the log submission stuff, we should talk a
little about what exactly it needs to do.  In this regard, I'm a bit
ignorant. When I was doing log gathering >5 years ago, I got to be on a
first name basis with my snail-mail man, and was getting floppy disks and
paper.  Things are a lot different now.  I'll follow up shortly with my
thoughts in a separate email.

Just off the top of my head, one idea is to set up a new email account that
several of us have access to, where logs and teams can be sent.... NOT a
forwarding service like kkn.net. That will keep my (our) personal email
accounts from being swamped come Aug 22. Or maybe put everything on an FTP
server? That may be better, although harder to setup?  Your thoughts?

73,  Alan  AD6E