[Cwo] Mult rule change - and announce

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Thu May 5 16:41:47 PDT 2011

Attached is rules rev 8.

I got a very confused reply from an old friend, DK3GI about what is a mult.
The term "unique" is evidently very solidly defined in contesting as being a
call that appears ONCE on ONE log during the contest.  We thought this might
be a problem earlier, but I didn't think it would be serious. It is serious,
especially for a non-English speaker.  So, I've changed the wording and
eliminated the word "unique".

On another front; publicity.  I've been waiting until we get rules on the
web site and resolving issues like this mult rule before going out to
publications. I think we're at that point now although the web site is still
not ready yet.  The big hole I see is the lack of software support. We've
gotten "we'll put it on our list of things to do" by both N1MM and Writelog.
Win Test gave no indication of even receiving our request, and N6TV doesn't
think we will. N3FJP said NO (he seems to be dropping support for anything
now). However, GenLog and SD both seem enthusiastic and said they will
support us.

The question is what to say about logging support in our announcement. I
don't want to delay, but I do want to indicate that CWO will be supported by
"most" loggers and actually list the loggers we know are on board. The
problem is that GenLog and SD are bit players. I suppose we could point to
those two and thus embarrass the others for lack of support? Might be
self-defeating.   Suggestions?  Word-smithing is everything.  ;-)

Rob has a short announcement that looks good, but makes no mention of this.
I seem to have misplaced it.

Tks & 73,  Alan  AD6E