[Cwo] Fwd: CW-OPEN suggetions times periods..

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Sun Jun 19 11:42:16 PDT 2011

Forwarding to the whole group...

An interesting idea.  I don't think it's possible to pick date/time that
won't conflict with some other event somewhere.  That said, it isn't good to
conflict with a popular event.  I don't know anything about RDA, so your
opinion is important. I'm inclined to keep it as it is with existing times
and dates, but if this a serious event in EU, maybe we should do something
to accommodate. Results from 2009 (latest I could find) shows top dogs get
about 1000 QSOs. They received roughly 500 logs with 300 being CW or mixed
modes.

I think it's possible that both RDA and CWO can co-exist.  RDA requires a
serial number or district number that will be acceptable to CWO.  If an RDA
station doesn't mind handing out a name when asked, it should work out OK.
However, the RDA folks will not be happy with us stepping on their turf. I
note RDA does not suggest frequencies. We could do that similar to CWT as a
way to mitigate QRM.

Suggestions?

73, Alan  AD6E