[Cwo] first weekend of June?

Peter Chamalian w1rm at arrl.net
Wed Aug 24 13:42:25 PDT 2011

1.        Leave the 4 hour stint alone.  It's long enough to not feel like a
contest and yet long enough to be more than a sprint.

2.       I would not start the event at 00z on Sunday because that puts the
last session to close to when people are either getting ready for work or
are needing to sleep for work.

3.       Finding another date seems critical based on the feedback I've
seen.  I'm saddened to see the low number of logs coming from everywhere
except W.

4.       The first weekend of June is the weekend right after WPX and since
it's also Memorial Day, this is the start of summer and guys will have a
hard time getting two weekends in a row.

5.       This year, July 16/17 had the Saturday CWT, DMC RTTY, CQ WW VHF,
and a few other minor ones.  Perhaps this is our new date?  In 2012, that
would be July 21/22.

Pete, W1RM