[Cwo] some initial reflections

Jim Talens jtalens at verizon.net
Sun Aug 21 08:58:09 PDT 2011

3 versus 4 hours is a gray area for decision.  I am not convinced next year
or even the year after will see the kind of increase in participation that
warrants a full 4 hours per session, but it would be no mistake to stick
with 4 hours either.  It just makes it all unnecessarily tedious.   I do
agree that changing the session duration for 2012 and then thinking about
lengthening it the following year or two years later telegraphs (in the
literary sense) a certain organizational capriciousness that itself is
undesirable.  So I suppose I agree with Rob that we should keep the first
two sessions to 4 hours.  After all, how much worse is that than Sweepstakes
for the last 6 hours!  The real issue is what to do about the third session,
which might need some adjustment.