[Cwo] CWO: Times, Class Entries, Awards

Peter Chamalian w1rm at arrl.net
Fri Apr 29 14:42:36 PDT 2011

OK, let's see how it evolves.

Pete, W1RM

From: Alan Maenchen [mailto:ad6e at arrl.net]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 5:40 PM
To: Peter Chamalian
Cc: John Miller; cwo at kkn.net
Subject: Re: [Cwo] CWO: Times, Class Entries, Awards

Awards are without regard to ITU region.
This will be interesting to see who wins which time period since each time
period is theoretically optimized for each of the three ITU regions.
However, optimized high bands in one region may mean optimized low bands in
a different region.  :-)   For CWT it's pretty clear cut, but for CWO it's
not so obvious.

Yes, certificates are in the works. I haven't talked to John about that yet.
I assume it's workable since it's becoming more common in other events. The
minimum threshold for a certificate is 100 QSOs. That's an arbitrary level
open to change if there's a better idea.

73,  Alan  AD6E