[Cwo] CWO: Times, Class Entries, Awards

John Miller webaron at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:23:47 PDT 2011

I can make the changes to the website, but I have some comments.

Suggest leaving end times at 1600, 2400, and 0800.  Would allow a full QSO for the last 59 seconds of the contest.  Easier to remember.  Almost all contests are set up that way today:

http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/perpetualcal.php

=====
Regarding:  Class Entry - "Single Operator Only".  Please confirm these 3 classes:

SO-QRP
SO-LP
SO-HP

=====
Regarding "Awards" -- check my math and interpretation of these categories:

Let's define the CWO times as T1, T2, T3.

1. Trophy for 1st Place in each time period = 3 Trophies.  This rewards individual participation for each time slot.

T1 high score
T2 high score
T3 high score

2. Plaque for 1st Place in each power level in each time period = 9 Plaques.  This rewards individual participation, for each individual Class Entry.

T1: SO-QRP, SO-LP, SO-HP
T2: SO-QRP, SO-LP, SO-HP
T3: SO-QRP, SO-LP, SO-HP

3. Trophy for overall combined score of all 3 time periods = one trophy

T1 + T2 + T3 combined score

Note:  This almost certainly will be given to the person who enters all 3 times slots as SO-HP.  Basically, we're motivating and rewarding the SO-HP operator here over everyone else.  Is that correct?.  Is that desired?

4.  Plaque for 1st Place for each power level in the combined score group = 3 Plaques.  This rewards participation in all 3 time slots, based on power level.

SO-QRP:  T1 + T2 + T3 combined score
SO-LP:  T1 + T2 + T3 combined score
SO-HP:  T1 + T2 + T3 combined score

=====
Regarding "Team Competition" - This is potentially confusing, because under "Class Entry" we state "Single Operator Only".  Is "Team Competition" a separate Class Entry?  Nothing stated about about plaques, trophies, power levels, etc.  Are we giving out the same set of plaques and trophies for all Team Competition entries too?  Need some clarification here.
=====

Regarding cwo at kkn.net:  Who is on this distribution list?

73,
John, K6MM