[ARDF] FOX Hunt Story And More,,

Joe nss at mwt.net
Sun Apr 28 14:55:45 GMT 2019

I think the story is a great idea, BUT.. How about MORE!?
This would be a super thing to do if we can.

My Thoughts....

I tried finding again a page I found about a Doppler System that will
work when listening to a SSB Signal, but I can not find it at this moment.

In addition I do not see why a 2 meter Doppler system could not be
scaled to say 20 meters or even 40.

My thoughts are, think of an HF Receiver, That when the owner is not
using it for talking to people, can have it running and using a doppler
system that is monitoring all the signals it is hearing. Determining
directions for the signals it hears.

OK cool.  Now when it gets a beam heading,,,, oops a direction,, it time
stamps it,  and sends it to a server that plots the heading on like a
google map.  Think like APRS type of system almost.
https://aprs.fi

Now this sounds kind of cool, BUT.. Wait theres more!

Now think, of this, with dozens if not hundreds say people at any given
moment doing this, OK Think of the ARRL new version of the "Official
Observers"
http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-board-adopts-volunteer-monitoring-program-official-observer-program-to-be-retired

Think if them and as many other just plain folk were to have this
running, and park their receivers on those two freqs on 40 and 20 meters
ya know 7200 and what 14313?

In no time with everyones plots,,, well Plotting,,, and time stamped,
where everyones lines are crossing is the offending station. It would be
a fast and very efficient way to clean up those cesspool frequencies.

Thoughts?

Joe WB9SBD
--
Sig