[ARDF] Fwd: forthcoming ARDF events

Dale Hunt wb6byu at arrl.net
Sat Nov 18 09:28:15 PST 2017

I just received this list of upcoming ARDF events from Region 1:

> The 20th IARU World ARDF Championship 2020 to be hosted by SRS (Serbia).

The venues for the 2022 and 2024 World ARDF Championships will be discussed in meetings in Korea during the Championships next year.  If anyone is interested in hosting one of these events in Region 2 please let your National Coordinator (K0OV or VE7BFK) or me know and we'll work with you on a proposal.  Ideally proposals would be submitted by late June or early July, for review before the meeting.

Meanwhile, the Region 1 Youth Championships have been upgraded to World Championships as China has said they plan to participate.  They are held every year to give kids more chances to compete over the limited range of ages.  Competitors from Region 2 are very welcome to participate.

> 1. 3rd IARU World Youth ARDF Championship 2019 to be hosted by UARL (Ukraine)
>
>    Two ARDF WG members expressed concerns regarding the safety of the participants. Vinnitsia is far away from the regions with complicated situation and according to the authorities, the stay there should be completely safe. Nevertheless, the situation will be watched closely and the organizer will be asked for detailed information about the safety during the event.
>
> 2. 4th IARU World Youth ARDF Championship 2020 to be hosted by ZRS (Slovenia)
>
> 3. 5th IARU World Youth ARDF Championship 2021 to be hosted by FRR (Romania)
>
> 4. 6th IARU World Youth ARDF Championship 2022 to be hosted by PZK (Poland)

Thanks,

          - Dale   WB6BYU
                  ARDF Coordinator, IARU Region 2