[ARDF] 2017 ARDF Region II and US Championships tentative date

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:35:56 PDT 2016

Our tentative dates for the 2017 ARDF Region II and US Championships are 31
July to 6 Aug 2017, with M-W being training events, and 3 to 6 Aug being
the normal Thursday-to-Sunday championship events.

Orienteering Cincinnati has about 50 maps in the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana
tristate area, but only a few large enough for the two classic events.
We'll announce locations once will nail down permissions and whatnot.

Still tentative, but a good bet:
Thur: Fox O
Fri: Sprint, model, competitor meeting
Sat: 2m Classic, Evening banquet
Sun: 80m Classic

Extremely speculative:
The thinking on the M-W practices is to start fairly early and finish in
the early afternoon. It can rain anytime, but afternoon showers are likely
on any given day. We're hoping for an advanced track (probably two 3-4 km
5T events) and a beginner track with some instruction. Depending on who
comes we can react to attendees' needs. We're thinking one park per day, or
at the most two parks in one day that are very close together.

Please understand that the above is subject to change, but we're hoping to
hold to the dates of 31 Jul to 6 Aug 2017.

Also, we're really hoping to make this a true Region II championships, so
please try to publicize this to any non-USA North and South American
ARDFers. And of course Region I and Region III are always welcome.

Matthew
AA9YH
Cincinnati