[ARDF] Foxhunting/ARDF Equipment

Marvin Johnston marvin at west.net
Sun Nov 13 16:44:57 PST 2011

Hi all,

One of the things I've been quite interested in is getting more people
involved in both transmitter hunting and ARDF (Amateur Radio Direction
Finding/Radio Orienteering.)

To that end, I've been providing Tape Measure Beams kits, offset
attenuator kits, and MicroHunt transmitters for quite a few years now.
Recently, I added a few more things to the mix trying to get equipment
available.

I am curious about a number of things related to increasing the
participation in transmitter hunting/ARDF.

* Where do/did you get your initial training? How could it have been
made better?

* Where do you get your equipment? Is it mostly homebrew, plans on the
Internet, magazine articles, or something else?

* If you are traveling, how do you find out when and where local hunts
are held in other parts of the country?

* How did you find out about the listservers/forums dedicated to
transmitter hunting?

* How can we reach more people, and with what kind of information to get
them interested and/or involved?

Your comments would be much appreciated!

Marvin, KE6HTS

P.S. my website is http://www.west.net/~marvin