[ARDF] Pre event training camp

Gerald Boyd wb8wfk at covad.net
Thu Mar 31 16:37:33 PDT 2011

All,

We need to conduct  a pole to see who is interested in attending a pre-event
training camp before the 2011 region II ARDF championships.

Some folks have asked that we provide this option.

The issues are:

Most of our volunteers are already committed to the main event  and it would
be difficult to ask them to take additional time off within the work week to
support a training camp.

Questions are:

1.       First how many persons  are interested in attending a 2 day
training camp?

1.       The first day would be VHF practice and the 2nd day would be HF
practice.

2.       If interested would you be willing to

1.       Chip in on the group site rental. This would give us a shelter and
facilities ~ 70 per day for the entire site divided by number of attendees.
2 days = 140 divided by number of attendees. + 3 per day for map printing.
If we had 12 attendees that would be ~11.60 + 6 or ~ 17.60 per person for
the two days to rent the group site and provide maps.

2.       Help extract transmitters at the end of the day

3.       Help set a transmitter

4.       Monitor the group site while other volunteers are placing
transmitters in the field

5.       Provide basic instructions to new comers

2.       Do we want to consider a pot luck dinner at the group site at the
end of the day? Hotdogs and hamburgers etc on the grill. If so would you be
willing to help chip in on supplies. Help cook etc.

3.       First starts would be around noon. Would provide time to set course
based on small amount of volunteers. Basic training for newcomers could be
conducted before starts by volunteers while transmitters are being set.

If we had the camp, the dates would be September 14th and 15th.

Assumptions are that everyone attending would provide own transport to the
group shelter location ( via rental car, car pool etc) and provide own
accommodations.  The event center hotel could be used via the on line
booking.

Please respond ASAP so that we can decide soon if we can or cannot provide a
pre event training camp.

Any fees for a training camp are separate from the championships.

73's

Jerry Boyd WB8WFK

******

Message received regarding a training camp.

I am looking to save a few bucks like $150 or more. Anyone like to go halves
on a double room at the host hotel on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday? I may
also stay Sunday night and fly back on Monday. not sure yet. Let me know.

Still waitibg to see if there is going to be a pre-event training camp which
may change hotel dates.

Bob, WA6EZV

ARDF at kkn.net