[ARDF] Headcount wanted for Region 3 Championships in Australia

homingin at aol.com homingin at aol.com
Tue Mar 22 09:49:52 PDT 2011

 September is going to be a busy time for ARDF.? Besides the USA and Region 2 championships from September 16-18 (and training days before) in Albuquerque, the Region 1 folks will have their championships in Romania September 5-10, and the Region 3 championships will be in Australia from September 23-28.

Because some US territories lie within IARU Region 3, USA/ARRL can field a team and compete alongside other Region 3 countries in that region's championships.? The R3 championships will be in the Bendigo district of Victoria. It is a historic gold mining area about two hours drive from Melbourne airport.? The event Web site is http://r3.ardf.org.au

The Australian organizers are planning for housing and other logistics and want to know if USA will be sending a team.? If you're seriously thinking of heading off to Australia right after the USA/R2 championships, please let me know by e-mail reply.? I'll compile the information and send it to the Australian organizers.

And don't forget to get your registration in for the USA/R2 ARDF Championships in Albuquerque.? More information on that is at http://www.wb8wfk.com/2011_ARDF_WEB/index.html

Thanks and 73,
Joe Moell K0OV
homingin at aol.com