[ARDF] George KF6YKN wins bronze

Bruce brucep at netspace.net.au
Sun Sep 19 09:40:58 PDT 2010

Really ???

But all those little tracks in the depressions were quite unreliable!
In fact the map is one major reason I was late; my shortcut to the
finish failed. Since the terrain off-track was far less runable on
Friday than it was on Wednesday, the 'missing' tracks were far more of
a problem.

I guess if you were using only tracks for O navigation it is a toss-up
which map was worse, but for RadiO the effects of the differences from
reality on the 2nd map I'd judge as more fatal :). I also wonder about
the mapping of the open areas, as deep orange open could range in
reality from fast run to stumble amongst the tall grasses, with bonus
hidden creeks to fall into.

Cheers,
Bruce