[ARDF] [MMRA] Re: MMRA foxhunt on Saturday Sept. 19

Tim Shepard shep at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 18 07:36:55 PDT 2009

>From what I've heard, I expect at least 2 vehicles will be
out looking for me tomorrow morning.  I do plan on some
transmissions before 10am, and if I get into place early,
I'll start the regularly scheduled transmissions early.
(Nothing before 9:30am in any case.)

I've been listening to the 146.79 Weston repeater the last few days,
and (according to a voice annoucement) a link to a 10 meter repeater
comes up at 10am each day.  It doesn't seem appropriate for the fox
transmissions to be repeated out on HF, but I guess without sunspots
10 meters is kind of like a VHF band.

If someone else with more familiarity with all the link
commands could put (and maintain) the links in whatever
configuration is most appropriate for the hunt, that would be
appreciated.  I'm not planning on doing any link manipulation
myself.

	73 de KD1KY

			-Tim Shepard
			 shep at alum.mit.edu