[ARDF] ARDF Trends

Homingin at aol.com Homingin at aol.com
Wed Jul 15 00:22:33 PDT 2009

Marvin wrote:
> the US is not included in the top 10 searches (Croatia is #1.)

Could it be because "ARDF" has not caught on as a popular term for what we
do here in the USA?  We long-timers use the term, but not the average ham.
When I hear people talking on the air about our events in the park, they
call them transmitter hunts, foxhunts, direction finding hunts (sometimes even
"directional" finding) and T-hunts, but they hardly ever call them ARDF
sessions.

My guess is that there are plenty of people searching for hidden
transmitter hunting information, but they use so many different terms to find it that
no single term rises up onto the Google trends list.

73,
Joe Moell K0OV

<BR><BR>**************<BR>Can love help you live longer? Find out now.
(http://personals.aol.com/articles/2009/02/18/longer-lives-through-relationships/?ncid=emlweu