[ARDF] Photos from Japan and Korea

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Mon Oct 6 08:49:35 PDT 2008

     I know I sent out a link to our ARDF World Championships photos before,
but here are some our outside-of-the-championships tourist photos for Japan
and Korea.  Two of the photos sets, Hwaseong Fortress and Geolleung, were
places we visited on the excursion day between the 144 MHz and the 3.5 MHz
competition days.  (We also visited the main Samsung Electronics plant in
Hwaseong that day, but there was nothing worth taking photos of there.  They
have a one-room museum of Samsung product history, what silicon wafers
look like in various stages of production, etc., and the rest of our
time there was spent watching a Hwaseong Chamber of Commerce propaganda film
and a slide show about the company given by a public relations drone who
thinks the PC is dying and openly questioned why anybody would ever need
a terabyte of data storage...)

     I thought Seoul was a really easy place for an American tourist to
visit.  All the major tourist sites are easy to reach from the subway,
which was easy to use with lots of Engligh-language signage and most all
place names written in both hangul and their Roman character form.  Every
tourist site we visited, except one of the Buddhist temples, had English
language brochures and/or guides.  Generally speaking, food was slightly
less expensive than it is in the US, and we spent only about $3-$4/day in
subway fares getting around.  If you missed out on Korea this year, I
recommend it as a place to see sometime.

http://www.kenharker.com/photos/2008_japan/
http://www.kenharker.com/photos/2008_korea/

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R