[ARDF] Youth Championships in Moldova this weekend...

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 23:07:31 PDT 2008

I located a Bulletin and a website, but the website doesn't show much
at this point.  Hopefully it will have photos and maps posted promptly
after the events.  Friday is an arrival and practice day.  The
competitions take place Saturday and Sunday.

http://www.radiosport.org/index.html

(The bulletin says 9th...Championships, but there is a link to a 5th
European Youth Championships, but it doesn't work.)

Matthew
Cincinnati

P.S.  Also, this weekend is Jukola (pronounced sort of like Yook'ela)
and Venla, two very big orienteering relays that take place every year
in Finland.  There is supposed to be streaming audio and video.
Jukola, the men's relay, has teams of 7, and the relay starts at 2300
on Saturday night (Finland time), and finishes between 7 and 8 am
Sunday (again, Finland time).  The mass start is very impressive with
about 1500 competitors.  Venla is the women's relay.  It starts on
Saturday at 2pm (Finland time) with teams of 4 women.

The website is: http://www.jukola2008.net/pages/index.php?lang=en

But I'll also include the attackpoint event link, where I try to
maintain some of the event information and links.  Later on Friday I
hope to have some of the times converted to NYC, LA, and Sydney times
for easy reference.  I'll put the converted times here:

http://attackpoint.org/eventdetail.jsp/event_1318

Here's a promo video from 2006 showing the mass start...

http://www.jukola2006.net/video/salo-jukola2006_256.wmv