[ARDF] ARDF in NH, September 8-9

Bill Noyce wbnoyce at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 14:11:42 PDT 2006

Sorry for the late notice ...

I'll be running an 80-meter ARDF (Radio Orienteering) event this weekend in
conjunction with Up North Orienteers' annual Camping Weekend at Pawtuckaway
State Park in Raymond, NH. For more info about UNO's Camping Weekend, and
directions to the park, see
<http://www.geocities.com/upnoor/2006_camping_weekend.pdf>

ARDF is an on-foot foxhunt in the woods.  I'll have an easy course with one
continuous transmitter (on about 3560 KHz), and a harder course with three
transmitters taking turns on a single frequency (about 3580 KHz).  I'll be
providing instruction, and will have a few DF receivers to lend, but bring your
own if you have one!

You can come for Saturday, Sunday, or both -- see the flyer for more info.
I'm not sure whether there is still space in the group camping area -- call
the Bundschuhs if you want to camp.  You can start on a course between
10 AM and 1 PM Saturday, or between 9 AM and noon on Sunday.  To
cover UNO's costs, including a very detailed map, there's a fee of $6 for
your first course (less for youth, dachshunds, and UNO members).

Hope to see you there!
    -- Bill, AB1AV