[ARDF] Next ARDF at O'Neill Park 2/12/06

Marvin Johnston marvin at rain.org
Wed Feb 8 15:23:41 PST 2006

Just a couple of coments on the ARDF course at O'Neill Regional Park.

I'm laying out the advanced course to be in the range between 4 and 7 km
with the climb in the area of about 200 meters and would probably equate
it to an orienteering Blue course. Because this is a training event for
those people going to North Carolina, I'm going to try for something
that will approach the difficulty at the 2004 World ARDF Championships
... and what I think Nadia and Charles may try to do to us in North
Carolina :).

Scoring - Epunch
Time Limit - 3 hours
Course Length - 4 - 7 km but I'm laying the course out towards the
longer side.
Course Climb - Approximately 200 meters (off the top of my head)

Competitors will be sent out onto the course in five minute increments
at the beginning transmission of transitter #1.

And most likely, we will all be going out to dinner at Sizzler's as soon
as all the transmitters are picked up.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Marvin, KE6HTS