[ARDF] Serbia

Bob Cooley rccooley at comcast.net
Tue Sep 13 23:07:07 PDT 2005

For 2m the waiting area was just to the west of the
start on the ridge, from which everyone could see
all the starters heading for 5 or 1.  They were spread
all over, very evenly, and watching them for at least
half an hour didn't help me at all.  5 was very strong
at the start since there was nothing in the way.  I got 5
first and then 1.  I then headed for 2 and got 2/3s of
the way there in 2 cycles, before I remembered I
didn't need 2. I had really bad jet-lag. I went and got 4.
If I had left out
the detour toward 2, I could have finished in the
first half of the field.

On the tour day we rode on a narrow gauge railroad
that climbed over a pass using a lot of tunnels and
a track route that formed a figure 8.

For 80m I made a big mistake of not staying on the
trails, and instead plowed through the green which
had alot of rock under foot.  I think I could have
saved 10 minutes by staying on the trails and paved
roads.

Bob