[ARDF] Maps from the Region 1 Champs...

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:40:02 PDT 2005

These aren't very readable, but they are better than nothing...

2m Map:

http://www.darc.de/referate/ardf/pubrel/2005/em2005/karten.htm#2m

Wow.  That looks scary.  I can't see it well enough to spend a lot of
time studying it, but a 5 minute look is pretty intimidating.  It's
got a lot of climb, it's 2m (!), it has a lot of big terrain features
that punish mistakes, and the order doesn't seem obvious (although
that might be the low-res map image---I especially can't make out the
bottom half of the map).  And 120 minutes!

80m Map:

http://www.darc.de/referate/ardf/pubrel/2005/em2005/karten.htm#80m

Between the start and 3 (on 80m), I can't see the map well enough to
make sense of it.  There might be sinkholes in the southern part of
the map.  I'm going to have to find something better to see why the
course distances are so weird.  I wonder if they intended to do 120
minutes for this one as well.  It *seems* easier than 2m, although I
really can't see the map well enough.

It seems that the standard is to put the finish symbol (the 2 circles)
at the MO, and to *not* show the finish chute.  In Brno the chute
details were published in the last bulletin, but you had to remember
them---they weren't on the map.   I guess the standard way makes
sense, but it still bugs me a little.

Bob!  Are you back yet?  Tell us about it.

Matthew
AA9YH
Cincinnati, Ohio