[ARDF] Fwd: [FoxHunt] John Munsey KB3GK SK

bruce brucep at netspace.net.au
Sat Nov 5 23:15:55 PST 2005

See below.

David XAJ will remember when we visited John and Cathryn at their home in
Florida and competed on the quite tricky foxhunt at Daytona Beach. We came
2nd, which wasn't too bad in a hire car, with zero local knowledge !

Also Melbourne foxhunters were treated to John's "loaded tree" foxhunt when
John was a guest of the YQN fox team; ther hunt finished at Roger's old place
in Hoppers Crossing.

John was also one of the most ardent supporters of the Ultra-sniffer in the
states, which he later on replaced with YNG MK4 units. In fact it was for
John originally that the special restricted frequency range audio whoopee
was created (on behalf of more mature foxhunters).
[We kept trying to reproduce the "as I get closer it suddenly cuts out"
symptom on the "faulty" Ultra-sniffer John kept mailing back to us....till
mutually we finally figured out (it may have been with Cathryn's help) that
the whoopee had simply gone above John's hearing range!].

AFDF fans and mobile T-hunters have lost a loyal friend and advocate.  John
Munsey KB3GK passed away on October 7.  He had worked very hard to promote
 both kinds of transmitter hunting in the Daytona Beach area and elsewhere in
 Florida.

John competed in the 2002 USA ARDF Championships in Pine Mountain, Georgia.
Even with his cardiac problems, he got from start to finish and took home
medals.

I'm sure that his wife Cathryn (at John's Callbook address) would appreciate
messages of remembrance and support from his ham friends.

73,
Joe Moell K0OV