[ARDF] ARDF and Barbeque...

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Thu May 26 12:26:32 PDT 2005

This is another really good reason why Ken and Jen need to host a big
2-day ARDF in Austin sometime:

http://www.slate.com/id/2118542/entry/2118543/

(hint hint)

My first ARDF ever was 2 years ago in Atlanta.  One big memory from
that trip was Fat Matt's Barbeque (no relation).  During last summer's
USOF convention, I took my nephew to Fat Matt's, and we actually met
Fat Matt.  It turns out that Fat Matt is skinnier than I am, which
doesn't really mean he's not fat.

It got me thinking whether or not the link between ARDF and barbeque
is real or just a coincidence.  It seems real.

I'm not sure Marvin's Tri-tip counts as barbeque, but it's great anyway.

A bunch of us here in Cincinnati are going to try to get down to North
Carolina for one of Charles' events.  A stop for barbeque will be an
essential side trip.  I'm a little apprehensive about Carolina-style
barbeque, though.  The vinegar frightens me...

I was trying to remember if I've ever had barbeque in Albuquerque.
(Those two words look like they're related.  Coincidence?)  I haven't,
but I'm hoping I do.

Matthew
AA9YH